Ronny’s presentation focused on his award winning design for a sustainable small house competition in Australia in 2014. Besides introducing the general topic and outlining the basic definition of a granny flat, Ronny showed its potential in preparation to our future way of living (reacting to current and increasing impacts) and the reasons for its growing popularity.
His design helped also to explain his idea and approach behind the concept as well as his general philosophy of architecture and design.
Some of the main focus points being covered in Ronny’s presentation were:
- Sitting and Design (Passive house principles),
- Reducing Water and Energy consumption,
- Reducing Waste and Toxic pollution,
- Liveability, Durability and Affordability, and
- Innovative material choices and sources.